Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Meetings for the sake of meetings

Now I'm a firm believer that meetings are a major pain in the ass and waste of time, unless it's a meeting over dinner and copious amounts of alcohol are served....gratis. Well today I had a 'dinner' meeting to discuss subject material. What I got was a lunch box that would easily qualify as an aquarium exhibit for kids. Rather than raving about how tasty the food was, we (foreign instructors) were discussing the works of Carolus Linnaeus. For those of you who slept through biology, he was the Swedish scientist that developed the system for classifying plants and animals.

So, rather than hearing, "This steak is delicious!", it was, " Is this a mollusk or is it a echinodermata?" (Did you get squid or sea slug with your noodles?). I think that I have mentioned in the past that I have adopted the 'don't ask, don't tell' approach to eating here. If it tastes good but you are unsure what you are eating.....DON'T ask what it is!!

Well back to the meeting being a waste of time......except for writing material, the meeting went on, mainly in Mandarin and Taiwanese (Fokkien??), and on and on ad infinitum ad nauseum. In the end we ask what was decided and............... we found out that they(the Director and his assistants) had discussed when was an appropriate time to have another meeting . Now excuse while I go purge and see if I can salvage anything for the salt water aquarium.

L8R

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.