
I've been watching the webcasts from The National about the flooding in BC and other parts of Western Canada. As I listened to their tales of woe and the trials and tribulation they faced, I glanced out the kitchen window and watched our daily deluge fall from the sky. Now for anyone who hasn't lived in the tropics, let me explain what a heavy rain really is. A real rain is when you get 18 inches of rain in 3 days, this is considered a heavy rain,not a torrential downpour, which occurs latter in the summer during typhoon season. The Chinese refer to the rains we are having now as 'Plum Rains', how they came up with this moniker I have no idea.
It's almost getting to the point where I have to look at pictures of the sun just to remind me what it still looks like. But then, I have to consider that when old Sol does manage to poke his face out for a bit, this place will be a steam sauna. Right now the temperature is hovering between 25 and 29, so it's tolerable. Once the sun comes out, the temps will be in the mid 30s with the humidity in the 90% range, setting up more storms. I now know why there are no Jews here. Every spring, when it started to rain, they packed two of everything and sailed away to drier climes.
It's almost getting to the point where I have to look at pictures of the sun just to remind me what it still looks like. But then, I have to consider that when old Sol does manage to poke his face out for a bit, this place will be a steam sauna. Right now the temperature is hovering between 25 and 29, so it's tolerable. Once the sun comes out, the temps will be in the mid 30s with the humidity in the 90% range, setting up more storms. I now know why there are no Jews here. Every spring, when it started to rain, they packed two of everything and sailed away to drier climes.

No comments:
Post a Comment