The following is a true story....
Last week some guppies in the kindergarten class room gave birth. Now guppies give birth to live offspring and early in the morning, the aquarium was teeming with little guppies. Our resident psycho, affectionately known as Sister Dementia was all ecstatic.
Now a fact of life and nature is that the strong eat the weak. So during the morning the other guppies proceeded to feast on this plethora of protein, screw the vegan fish food. Shortly before lunch, Sister Dementia manifested, with just a slight whiff of sulphur, and began counting her 'little babies'. Imagine her surprise when she was only able to count all two them (and a bunch of larger and sated looking older ones).
Well, and I say that with emphasis, the fish hit the fan. She went from classroom to classroom demanding to know who had stolen 'her babies'. Could it have been Saaaaatan? Don't think so, as she was communing with him just a few minutes before. Now I think I should mention the fact that it was the students and their teacher who had bought the tank and the guppies, yet they were 'her babies'. The kindergarten teacher finally lost it, on the nun, when she was accused of guppy napping. When I say lost it, I don't mean in anger, she burst out laughing. She explained to the nun, between giggles, the facts of life. She said, "Sister the babies are still there, only in a different form and that they would soon be back in the tank in an even different incarnation, fish poop." Sister Dementia grabbed the aquarium and stormed out of the classroom, to the sound of even further laughter. The last we saw of her for the day was, a bright flash and a lingering scent of brimstone. We haven't been able to locate the tank. I'm contemplating buying some pirhanas or lionfish and salt water catfish (she likes to stick her fingers in the tank) for my classroom....gah, why did I ever agree to return to teaching??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment