Saturday, February 17, 2007

Quiet....It's too quiet!

Holy Sheep doo doo! It was quiet last night! There was only sporadic explosions in the distance and one large rip at 6 AM. I guess people are actually following the city by laws which is even more amazing.

Last year we were on Kinmen, a small island approximately 1800 m from the Chinese Mainland (at low tide) and there were always fireworks going off. We were glad that they were really fireworks and not the PLA saying hi. Seeing as traffic seems fairly tame today I think I may go for a drive and see some of the local lion dances.

When I say traffic is tame, I mean in comparison to what it normally is. Any joke that you have ever heard about Chinese driving is true, and in many cases an understatement. The Chinese are friendly people, but put them on anything mechanized and it's MUHAHAHA! I AM FREE. YOU HAVE FREED THE DEMON THAT LURKS WITHIN ALL. It's even worse than riding with a Greek. Hell it's even worse than riding with a Greek who is learning to drive (Yes, that's for you Constantinos, you traumatized me!!).

Well, I will end off and go in search of sustenance and photo ops. Adios.

No comments: