
Well the rain has been fairly relentless these past few weeks and most of us know what happens when you combine copious amounts of moisture, warmth and low light conditions. Things tend to grow where they're not welcome. No I'm not talking about crotch rot or athlete's foot...Thank Christ, but our patios.
We have a patio on our second and fourth floor and when I looked outside this morning - actually having to use a flashlight because the cloud cover is so heavy - I noticed the marble tiles were green. Well I went out to pour some bleach on the patio, lest we be consumed by this aggressive organism. I also made another discovery. That stuff is slicker than whale shit on an ice flow, to quote Robin Williams. So after slipping and sliding and giving the orientals something to laugh about( hey Zhang you should have seen what I saw today.... haw haw to you too, I can go the West without a visa).
In the last two days we've gotten close to 30 cm (a foot for those who cling to imperial measures) of rain and that vestigal webbing may come into play soon. Hmmm.......suddenly got a craving for fish. Now I see checking out the satellite that we have another typhoon building off of the Philippines and headed our way for the weekend. Just what we need more freaking rain. Now I know I won't sleep because I'm always paranoid about the drains plugging and turning our patios into pools.

No comments:
Post a Comment